1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

can you usb tether droid x to prime

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jdbaker82, Dec 30, 2011.

1. jdbaker82

jdbaker82 Well-Known Member

my dad has a droid x and wants to tether to his prime is my only option to root it for him so he can wifi tether?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ryguy5254

ryguy5254 Member

I have a Galaxy Nexus and a Transformer Prime, I cannot get Wireless Tether to work with the Prime, hopefully someone can remedy that problem.

The Prime can find the wireless hot spot just fine, but when it tries to connect, it just doesn't fully connect to it.

3. Macmccl

Macmccl Lurker

Make sure you check mark "enable Wifi-Encryption" on your Galaxy Nexus. I heard that seems to be the only way you can get the tethering to work from your phone. Hope that helps!

Macmccl

andygu3 likes this.
  4. jdbaker82

jdbaker82 Well-Known Member

i can tether wifi fine to my prime with my epic 4g touch but the question is can he somehow do a usb tether from his droid x to his prime or it wont have drivers to recognize usb

5. ryguy5254

ryguy5254 Member

So it turns out I had the wrong password, so everything works now!

I don't think a wired tether connection would work between the Droid X and the Prime with or without rooting the prime.

Maybe if he gets a dock for it, even then, I don't see a way to install the PC Component of PDANet on the Prime.

6. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

I've tried the bluetooth method of pdanet using the tablet beta version, and am able to pair the two devices and form a wireless connection. However i have been unable to actually send/receive data through this method. This between the prime & galaxy nexus. Anyone else try this and if so, were you able to get it to work?

7. newtech

newtech Newbie

Samee thing here. Tether was successful but no data transfer. I really don't want to pay Verizon the 20 bucks to,use my DX as a wifi hot spot.

8. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

Koush just released a usb tether app, not sure it's in the market as it's still in alpha form but, yea, you would need the dock to usb tether.

Wireless tether for my rooted og Evo works great:)

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews