1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can you view 2 apps side-by-side on a tablet with Honeycomb?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by teknofil, Sep 18, 2011.

1. teknofil

teknofil Lurker

Hi! I would really like to buy an Asus Transformer, but I really need it to be able to do the following:

Have a small internet browser open on the screen beside a text editing app/widget.

Is it possible with Honeycomb? Given the large screen of the Transformer, I would hope that I could look at a wikipedia article on the left side of the screen and summarize things on the right side in a note-taking app for schoolwork. But are there widgets or apps that allow this type of multi-tasking?

Thanks!

-Kelly

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Android Expert

I too would like to know the answer to this as I plan to do something similar. I want to invest in several tablet devices to use as security monitors and would like to be able to have a simple display of the current temperature somewhere on screen too. If not I will just run displays of the camera feeds but this would make for a nice addition to the displays.

3. Not to mention pre-configured alarm or recording buttons or widgets.

4. teknofil

teknofil Lurker

Hi! I got a reply in another forum.

There are 2 options that might work, but arent yet full options for us... but they are in the works:

1. Onskreen Cornerstone. It allows you to resize your running apps into little windows! genius! beta testing went well, hopefully coming to devices if google will ever allow it!

2. TouchWiz, available on Samsung Tab. I tested it out at the store yesterday. at the bottom of the screen there are 5 widgets that will pop up and run over ANY app. they can be re-positioned and everything! people have put these on the transformer, but you lose wifi... so they are still working on kinks

5. Teegunn

Teegunn Android Expert

Can't wait til onskreen is available, it's looks like true multi-tasking and would be very useful.

6. teknofil

teknofil Lurker