1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Can you zoom the on the droid?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by darkcyber, Dec 20, 2009.

1. darkcyber

darkcyber Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    North Alabama
    Is there anyway to zoom in or out with the camera and/or camcorder on the droid? If so, I cannot find it.

Advertisement

2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Director of IT
    Cleveland, OH
    Tap the screen.

3. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
  4. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Arizona
    ha, i was wondering how to do that but was long pressing before. Thank you! I wonder why i never though of that.

5. bigdroiddog

bigdroiddog Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    I try and exhaust all efforts searching how to do things myself before posting questions in the forums. I think most droid owners should spend lots of time with this new operating system before they come here.

6. and speak english. especially in the title

7. messenger13

Dec 8, 2009
    Director of IT
    Cleveland, OH
    Bazinga... :cool:

8. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    are we getting users who are just thinking its a cute phone to have now? jeez, i have seen two of these today.

9. droidsailor

droidsailor New Member

Nov 18, 2009
    What about the video, can you zoom it. The camera sure, but the video?

10. messenger13

Dec 8, 2009
    Director of IT
    Cleveland, OH
    Not in the stock app. I haven't experimented with any 3rd party video apps. I am very pleased with the quality and functionality of the DROID's video recorder.

11. ItalianScallion

ItalianScallion Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    South Florida
    I don't think there's a zoom option on the video recorder.

As an aside, I'm fine with the OP's question. It's my hope these fora do not devolve into a series of "search the f*ing threads" postings that sometimes infect xda and other sites. My .02.

12. odiej34

odiej34 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Arizona
    I agree, if you don't like the question and do not have anything constructive to say, don't post and move on to the next post...

13. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

I don't mind it myself, but I am a member of a few different computer security sites that get the same question asked over and over again. There comes a point when "use the search button" becomes almost a mandatory answer. It gets harder and harder to find the answer you're looking for when you do use the search, and then have to filter out the couple hundred posts asking the same question.

14. darkcyber

darkcyber Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    North Alabama
    Yes, wouldn't the world be wonderful if we would ALL just search our little hearts out constantly so as to please the few that CONSTANTLY like to B#$#@# about someone posting something that they could find in two seconds by searching.

YES, I did do a search on this very topic before I posted the topic! I was also doing the searching and posting on my Droid, which as with any smartphone is a little difficult to do sometimes.

My questions were valid questions, as some have even posted that there does not seem to be a zoom for the video on the phone, which was part of my question.

I think most of you people that like to complain all the time just have to much free time on your hands. If you can constantly make posts moaning and groaning about someone else NOT searching, then you have to much free time on your hands and need to find something else to do, beside stay in the forums all your life.

Sorry, but I just get SO TIRED on people complaining when someone has a valid question they post!

15. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Mortgage Underwriter
    Rochester, NY
    I don't think it's really necessary to berate somebody for asking a simple question. Aren't we here to help? Anyone is welcome, the forum doesn't belong to power users.

I don't think we've really had any particular question pop up repeatedly (and certainly not this one) to the point that it should cause alarm.