1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Can your music player do this?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by mystik1, Dec 12, 2009.

1. mystik1

mystik1 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Male
    NC, USA
    I have not tried any of the music players other than the one included with Android. I thought I'd seek your advice on this since I'm sure many of you have. As you know, the included player allows you to play all songs by a given artist easily. I like the ability to be able to play songs that way or add to the playlist all by a given artist. The problem seems to be with some songs that either do not have tags or the artist tag is a little different. So, they are not included. I wonder if there is a player that will go by folder rather than (or better yet in addition to) artist. That is, if I already categorize my songs into folders by artist, the player could allow me to play all files within the given folder. Is there a player that does this? Thanks!

Advertisement

2. guitarevan07

guitarevan07 Active Member

Nov 27, 2009
    True! that would be awesome, so that you don't have to edit each file individually. :)

3. Tek34

Tek34 Active Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Developer
    Chicago
    If you don't want to go through the work to update your songs tags, perhaps it would be easier to create a playlist for that artist.

4. guitarevan07

Nov 27, 2009
    True, is there any computer program out there that lets you like mass edit song Id3's and such? I mean i know you can do that in itunes and stuff but i meant mass edit, like its meant for that

5. Flahusky

Flahusky Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Space Coast of Fla
    My favorite is mp3tag then TuneUP

6. guitarevan07

Nov 27, 2009
    Wow thank you so much Flahusky! :)

7. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    MediaMonkey > mp3tag , havent tried the other.

8. ZED_pt

ZED_pt New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I wanted the same(play folders) and by luck the first one i downloaded did that...it also has 2 home widgets to choose from.

In market search for "meridian"