• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Canada limits charging. Mandatory return!

ironass

Extreme Android User
Aug 17, 2010
Cotswolds, England
"After the US, Europe, Australia, and South Korea, Samsung has now pushed out Galaxy Note7's battery limiting update in Canada as well. The update, in case you aren't already aware, limits the device to a maximum charge of 60%"

(Courtesy of GSMArena)

See the full article at GSMArena... Samsung Galaxy Note7's battery limiting update starts rolling out in Canada as well

I note from the screenshot, that as a recalled product...

"you are legally prevented from selling or even giving away the recalled device. It is mandatory to return your Note7 device"

So, there you have it... there is no legal reason for hanging on to the Note7, selling or giving it away.

This follows hot on the heels of New Zealand's announcement that it is disconnecting all Note7's from its networks, here.

"After the US, Europe, Australia, and South Korea, Samsung has now pushed out Galaxy Note7's battery limiting update in Canada as well. The update, in case you aren't already aware, limits the device to a maximum charge of 60%"

(Courtesy of GSMArena)

See the full article at GSMArena... Samsung Galaxy Note7's battery limiting update starts rolling out in Canada as well

I note from the screenshot, that as a recalled product...

"you are legally prevented from selling or even giving away the recalled device. It is mandatory to return your Note7 device"

So, there you have it... there is no legal reason for hanging on to the Note7, selling or giving it away.

This follows hot on the heels of New Zealand's announcement that it is disconnecting all Note7's from its networks, here.
Happy I don't live in Canada!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones