• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Canada: Possible to Unlock Motorola Dext?

I have the oppertunity to purchase a Motorola Dext for a very reasonable price, however the seller is with Bell Mobility and I am with Fido. I know in the past it was not possible to unlock some/all Bell handsets for use on Fido but have heard that now it is hit or miss.

Can anyone help me out?

(thought I would use the female looking icon for a quicker response :p)

I bought a code for just over 4 USD on eBay. The vendor was friendly and helpful, but we ran into a language barrier and I thought the code didn't work at first... He sent me two codes, which I first entered together. Later, I realized they might be separate codes, and just entering the first 8 digit code worked for me. My Dext was locked to Bell Canada; now it is not. I found the vendor by searching eBay for "dext unlock". Hope this helps others!

Also, this phone is for my girlfriend... so where's the $30 Dexts at?! I'd love to grab another in that price range. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones