1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Canadian sim doesn't fit in unlocked moto x pure

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by ushy86, Feb 5, 2016.

1. ushy86

ushy86 Newbie

Hi all. So recently my customized moto x pure edition phone came in while I am visiting the Usa. Unfortunately my previously used micro sim from the galaxy s3 bought in Canada does not fit the moto x pure sim tray slot. Now, I have read about cutting it down to nano size, but is it sonething that is rather hit and miss without the proper tools? I am here for another two weeks and would love to use the new phone but don't want to do harm to my current sim.

So i guesa the question is, is it relatively safe and easy to trim the sim down or is my best bet to wait these looooong two weeks and pick up a nano sim for the moto x pure from a local Rogers store.

Thanks a bunch!

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

DO NOT attempt to cut a micro SIM down UNLESS you're 100% sure that the contact pad (the gold-coloured part) is smaller than a nano-SIM. If you damage it at all the SIM will be useless.

Hadron, svim and Jfalls63 like this.
  3. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

You might be able to find a phone repair shop close to where you are staying that has the punch Tool to cut it down to nano for you.

svim likes this.
  4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

But that's cutting a mini to a micro. Micro to nano is trickier.

5. svim

svim Extreme Android User

6. ushy86

ushy86 Newbie

Do you guys think I can go to a nearby store and have it done for a small fee? Like at&t or something?

Grantes i am not even with any american carriera.

7. Jhayzone

Jhayzone Android Enthusiast