• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Canadian sim doesn't fit in unlocked moto x pure

ushy86

Jun 5, 2013
Hi all. So recently my customized moto x pure edition phone came in while I am visiting the Usa. Unfortunately my previously used micro sim from the galaxy s3 bought in Canada does not fit the moto x pure sim tray slot. Now, I have read about cutting it down to nano size, but is it sonething that is rather hit and miss without the proper tools? I am here for another two weeks and would love to use the new phone but don't want to do harm to my current sim.

So i guesa the question is, is it relatively safe and easy to trim the sim down or is my best bet to wait these looooong two weeks and pick up a nano sim for the moto x pure from a local Rogers store.

Thanks a bunch!

is it relatively safe and easy to trim the sim down or is my best bet to wait these looooong two weeks and pick up a nano sim for the moto x pure from a local Rogers store.

DO NOT attempt to cut a micro SIM down UNLESS you're 100% sure that the contact pad (the gold-coloured part) is smaller than a nano-SIM. If you damage it at all the SIM will be useless.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones