1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Canadians! Were you able to snatch one today?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rcheung28, Dec 3, 2012.

1. rcheung28

rcheung28 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Hello fellow Canadians!

Before it went on sale today, I had everything set up in my Google Wallet. I was ready to buy it. When the sale finally went live, I was added it to cart, only to find out that I can buy a maximum of one device per account. Even though I was able to add to cart right away, the proceed button just took forever to process. By the time it reached the payment screen, shipping has already changed from 1-2 to 3-4 weeks. I bought it anyway. Then I quickly went on my Dad's account and added my CC to the wallet, by that time, shipping is at 6-7 weeks. Nonetheless, I was able to buy two today, both are for my family members.

Were you guys able to grab one of your own?

Advertisement

2. kalaster

kalaster Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2012
    wtf?? the first purchase should have only taken you less than a minute! they must have found a "few" extra boxes under a desk and thought "let's hand these to the canadians! and create over hyped demand!" :p

3. rcheung28

rcheung28 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Well whenever I hit the "Process", it just gives me an error "Due to high demand, your order could not be processed. Please try again later." So I kept spamming the Process button, and by the time it worked, shipping time has already changed :(

Yeah, I used a US Proxy to check the US Play store, and you guys are still in stock for the 16gb. The Canadian Play store went out of stock within an hour. I wonder if they're actually selling "leftovers" from the US second batch.

4. The_Gnome_

The_Gnome_ Guest

I was able to get one yesterday after being considerably bummed on launch day (when twice I had a device in my cart, only for it to disappear).

My order yesterday went through at 3:30 pm EST, and says 1-2 weeks shipping! Hooray!

5. neilfries

neilfries Active Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Male
    Electrician
    Canada
    I was sad to find out that they were sold out super quick. I was travelling home Monday due to bad weather conditions and completely missed the launch. I'm still hoping for next time.

6. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Male
    Ireland
    I heard it wont be available again till after christmas.

7. PrestonF

PrestonF Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Ya, I was sitting there refreshing the page right at 3pm to see when it would go on sale. 3 minutes later the 16gig version was available and after clicking proceed maybe 25 times, I was finally able to get it for the 1-2 weeks. Very excited!

Tags: