• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cancelled my insurance on my Optimus - sudden problems

So I cancelled my insurance on my Optimus today, and now I am finding that my data speeds are even slower than normal -- excruciatingly slow.

I am connected to WiFi on my phone right now and my speed isn't any faster than my slow data connection. I know it's not the WiFi as I am using my computer's internet right now and it's working just fine.

Anyone got an idea of what the problem may be? I am trying to download handcent SMS right now over WiFi and I've downloaded less than 1MB in approximately 5 minutes.

Does MetroPCS pull some kind of extortion crap by dialing down your connection speeds or anything on your phones if you don't have insurance?

It sounds like tin-foil-hat conspiracy, but this is just too coincidental.

I highly doubt metro would have any way to cap your wifi speed.
No insurance here! Check the speeds at your router.
DSLReports Home : Broadband ISP Reviews News Tools and Forums is a great spot for selecting multiple speed test locations and getting great info regarding just about anything technologically speaking.
Been a member there for 11+ years.
wifispeed.jpg

Upvote 0
Mine is the same way. I'm connected to my wifi which runs at about 2mb/s. I use speedtest on my phone and the speeds are what I get when running it on my computer. But when I go to upload pictures to facebook or twitter, they take FOREVER to upload, and that's after they fail about 15 times before I finally get one uploaded. Its like theres something between the facebook/twitter app that doesn't let it use wifi for uploading. Shit pisses me off. Same thing with uploading youtube videos. SUPER SLOW.

Also, browsing the net, accessing the market and basically anything else that requires an internet connection seems really sluggish even when on wifi. Maybe theres a patch for this??

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones