1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Cannot access contacts/messaging

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Will M, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Will M

Will M Lurker
    None

Sep 19, 2017
    Hi,
    This morning I tried to access my contact list but failed. It was open for about 1 second before closing back down again. I had the same issue with the messaging app.
    There is no error message that I can see and I can't remember downloading anything possibly malicious.
    I fixed the messaging app by downloading Handcent Next SMS but I cannot find an app to fix the contact list (I have tried the top 7 or 8 on Google Play, they all close down immediately on opening).
    I have tried taking my battery out for a minute or so and restarting my phone multiple times. I have kept everything updated, still to no avail.
    I have noticed a similar issue with WhatsApp, I enter a chat but a few seconds later it will exit back to the chat list.

Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks,
    Will

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    You may have to do a factory reset

LG G3

The LG G3 was the 2014 flagship device for LG, and was one of the first smartphones on the market with a 5.5-inch 2560 x 1440 display. It featured a Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB or 3GB of RAM, 16GB or 32GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot, and a 13MP.