1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Cannot access Infuse from my computer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Feor, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Feor

Feor Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    Canada
    So I bought a Samsung Infuse 4G yesterday, my first smartphone and so far I'm loving it, awesome phone (even if Angry Birds is evil). But I can't for the life of me get it to do anything with my computer.

I plug it in the menu on the phone pops up for how I want to connect it, I pick Mass Storage, I get the little android guy's picture, I tap connect USB storage and the phone looks happy.

On my computer I get a Samsung Android appear in my devices, I even see removable H & I drives, but when I attempt to access either of those drives it asks me to insert a disk into the drive and my phone bounces back to my home screen.

I've uninstalled every driver I can find for the thing & started from scratch. Uninstalled the drivers and tried installing KIES, that hasn't helped, the program says my phone's not supported. My phone offers to connect to a "Samsung EZUpdater" but I can't find any mention of such a program anywhere else.

I dunno what information I'd need to get proper help, my comp's running 64-bit Windows 7. The phone shows model number of SGH-I997R, firmware version 2.3.3. I'm in Canada and Rogers is my provider, though I don't know if that matters.

Any advice folks could suggest would be appreciated. I'm gonna pick up a card reader so I can manually load stuff onto the SDE card at least as a work around tomorrow, but it'd be nice if I could actually use my phone properly.

Advertisement

2. Lombardi

Lombardi Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    Try going into settings from the main menu, tap applications and then usb settings... that mite help.

3. Feor

Feor Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    Canada
    I've got USB settings under Wireless and Network in settings, but all it does it let me setup one of the three options (Samsung EZUpdater, Media Player, or Mass Storage) as the automatic connection type when connecting to computer, or select manually each time.

I did try the USB debugging option under development in the applications menu, but that just installed some extra drivers on my system (tethering stuff from the looks of it)

4. doug44

doug44 Newbie
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    I opened windows media player and did a Syn to my phone and it put all my pictures, songs in the proper place. Choose Media player on the phone, start windows media player on your computer plug your phone in and turn it on and hit Syn.. I bet it starts to syn and transfer to your phone.

Have you d/l the owners manual from Samsung ? I think it around page 147 or somewhere in that area it gives you step by step instructions.

5. Feor

Feor Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    Canada
    tried that, media player didn't even blink, using WMP 12.0.{more numbers}

At least KIES said "nope, can't work with that one"

6. mfpearson

mfpearson Member
    None

Jul 22, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    might as well try the EZUpdater... if it is offered as a standard option on your phone, it can't hurt.

that must be a rogers/canada thing, though. like you said, you have never heard it mentioned, and neither have i. but, maybe it does what you need it to!

if it does happen to mess something up (for some reason... not sure why, since it is included on the phone) you can always revert back to stock and start over.

7. Vatar

Vatar Newbie
    None

Jul 18, 2011
    If you have Kies air installed on your phone you should be able to directly access the phone over a wireless network. If you don't have a wireless comp I would suggest backing up all your data/contacts to Google and your SIM card then reset your device to factory settings.

Hope this helps.

8. gpramos

gpramos Lurker
    None

Nov 17, 2011
    I'm having some problems when trying to connect my Samsung Infuse 4G to my PC.

Everytime I plug the USB to the computer it does not recognize the device. Meanwhile when I look at the cellphone it also does not show that it there is an USB connection, even though it starts charging.

So summarizing: I connect my phone to my PC, it starts charging but both the phone and the computer do not recognize the USB connection, so I can't use it for some functions as Mass Storage.
    In the phone screen it wont even open that three options to chose what kind of USB connection you want.

I already tried changing my USB cable, turning on USB debugging but it also did not work.

Any one has a clue about what might it be? So far I think it could be some problem in the phone's USB plug, although it still works for charging the device.

Any one has a clue about what might it be? So far I think it could be some problem in the phone's USB plug, although it still works for charging the device.

9. Lilybell2

Lilybell2 Member

Oct 3, 2011
    California
    Be sure you're using the proper USB cable. Some USB cables are only capable of charging and cannot be used for transferring data. You need a USB data cable.

10. DarkHoliday

DarkHoliday Lurker
    None

Nov 22, 2011
    You are probably missing the drivers (that's why it doesn't recognize your phone) Even though Kies is not compatible with the SGH-I997Rit does hold the drivers.

I'm unsure to why yours is not recongnized, mine works fine, but I read a lot of post with people in your situation.

So try Downloading Kies first then try to connect your phone with the cable (the cable Rogers gives you is made to work with PC)

Also, In you Settings, under USB setting, Make sure your phone is asking on connection. that way you will easely be able to try all type of connection

Hope it helps,

11. Killintime

Killintime Lurker
    None

Nov 23, 2011
    This is exactly what is wrong with mine.. i need this in order for me to unroot my phone so the warranty isn't void.