• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cannot access pc from admire

bart2201

Android Enthusiast
Dec 31, 2011
I've been gone for a long time, but now I have a problem with my Admire. It is not being recognized by the pc anymore. It will charge but the usb icon no longer shows and the pc doesn't show the sd card. I forget if there was anything needed to be done when I first got the phone to enable it on the pc. Can I get some help with this? Also can I use the storage on my 32gb sd card to back up files, pics, music, docs from my pc?

I've been gone for a long time, but now I have a problem with my Admire. It is not being recognized by the pc anymore. It will charge but the usb icon no longer shows and the pc doesn't show the sd card. I forget if there was anything needed to be done when I first got the phone to enable it on the pc. Can I get some help with this? Also can I use the storage on my 32gb sd card to back up files, pics, music, docs from my pc?

Are you using the same USB cable as before? Some USB cables are for charging only and not for data transfer. Try a different cable and see if that helps. You might also try to clean out the USB port on the phone with air duster or something, too. If you are running a custom rom (and possibly even if you are not) then when you plug it in, there should be an option in the notification menu to enable USB mass storage.

As for the other question, I would imagine that if the Admire supports a 32Gb SD card that you could do it. As long as you fix the issue with the PC reading it as mass storage then yeah, you can use your Admire as an over sized flash drive, lol.

Upvote 0
Yeah this is the same cable I've always used. I'm having problems with my computer drives and am getting ready to run some diagnostics on them. It may be a pc issue after all. I'll post any results when I'm done with this. Thanks.

Yeah just try using a different usb cable. I have one cable that will only charge but won't connect my phone to the computer.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem....
I re-installed USB drivers (use "indulge" driver)
but it was my pc- usb port -screwed up somehow.....
I switched USB ports and it worked like always...
try switching what USB port you plug phone into pc.
worked for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones