• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot boot past LG logo after using software update tool

Well i was rooted too and got mine and rooted it again but did you have a custom rom installed, or did you mess with the system applications(bloatware)? And did the tool say it was upgraded successfully? If it did then your boot animation would be a little different when the lg screen comes on ot sparks blue the goes to the 4g lte screen

Upvote 0
I bricked mine also. What you want to do is go back to page 2 of the 'Tell us if you got the ICS....' thread. Download the cab file that airtio supplies, as well as the kdz zip. Pull your battery, hold down vol up and down, pop in the battery, then plug in the usb. This should put you in download mode.

Extract the kdz zip and run the msxml install. Open the UpTest program and on the bottom left you should see something about converting cab to kdz. Click the folder icon and pick the cab file you downloaded. When it is done, it will open the window for the folder where the kdz file is now. Close that app and open the KDZ_FW_UPD app. Set it to CDMA and DIAG and select the kdz file that you created. Then hit 'launch software update' and it should run through it. You should eventually see your phone reboot and, in my case, I saw the first update start to install and then the phone rebooted again. Phone took a little time on the loading screen, but evenually booted up to my home screen and gave me the 'Install Complete' message. I think I'm good again now.

Only other things I did was I saw in one post that you should go into device manager and disable the LG modem that appears. Not sure if that was necessary in the end though. Hope that helps, and thanks to airtioteclint for his help!

Reactions: fatdaddysnacks
Upvote 0
Yeah, it's kind of cool because after the file transfer and the phone rebooted, it immediately installed that first update that I had attempted to install with root. That went through, then I was able to download and am currently installing the big ICS update. *fingers crossed* But before this update, it had actually retained had all my settings, which is nice.

Upvote 0
Lol i have 2 lg lucids too i ordered one online and when i got it the thing wouldnt acrivate so i went to tge storr and they told me its the sim card that was messed up. But they gave me the same phone number that some one already jad amd since the phone never activated thwy had nothing to attach a new sim card too so they gave me a whole new phone for free

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones