1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Cannot Boot-up Phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pandomine, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Pandomine

Pandomine Lurker
    None

Aug 20, 2011
    My phone looping back to the start-up animation. It was working normally, but it randomly shut-down after I started charging it. Now, everytime I try to start it, it just goes through the animation (the motorola symbol), shuts down, and then starts up with the animation again. Did I brick my phone? I've tried rebooting it and taking out the battery. Help please.

Advertisement

2. mcvanta

mcvanta Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    Did you root your phone do you have clockwork mod installed and did you do a nandroid backup?

3. Pandomine

Pandomine Lurker
    None

Aug 20, 2011
    yeah, i've rooted it but nothing else

4. easy_e

easy_e Newbie
    None

Aug 6, 2011
    You should be able to fix the boot loop. I've already boot looped my phone messing around with it by accident.

As mcvanta has indicated you should have the clockwork recovery installed. If you haven't already made a backup there is a completely stock one in the link below.

100% Stock NANDROID backup, and stock recovery

Regards,

5. mcvanta

mcvanta Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    Yea go install clockworkmod since you can still go to fastboot mode just follow the instructions in all about rooting section of this forum. Not really that familiar with all the functions in clockwork mod but yesterday I messed up installing stock triumph backup my phone got stock on the M splash screen logo I didnt make a nandroid back up the stock triumph wasn't installed properly so i was SOL. Did a little googling and I went and bought mini sdcard reader took the sd card from phone put it on reader and hook it up on my computer from there i was able to Extracted the stock triumph properly (which was the mistake i made in the first place i didn't extract the damn thing to the folder) put the sdcard back on my phone and i was able to restore my phone from clockworkmod using the stock triumph restore. Maybe this will work for you too or maybe someone else can give you a much simpler explanation. Go and read all about root section of 100% nandroid backup link of cwd and stock triumph is there.