• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot change Brightness with Eclair

anuragcm

Lurker
Aug 25, 2010
Hello,
I am using IMX-51 EVK and android release Eclair. I am using 'G085vW01' LCD for display. I am getting display with eclair, which is not clear. This issue currently I am troubleshooting. My major issue is as the following one.

As per eclair release note, it is said that LCD brightness cannot change issue got solved in this release. This issue was there in android donut release. I have loaded eclair android binary in IMX-51 board and it is booted completely and I am able to see android home screen. When I go to 'Settings->Display&Sounds->Brightness' and changing brightness, I am not observing any brightness change in LCD.

Can I solve android donut release brightness issue, by merging changes from eclair release? If so, please provide necessary guidelines on how to achieve this.

Could you please advice how to resolve this issue?. This is really a show stopper for my release. Please respond as early as possible.:mad:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones