1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Cannot clear Keyboard input on contacts screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mbeets, Oct 13, 2010.

1. mbeets

mbeets New Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Phone: HTC Desire
    Android Version: 2.2
    Network: Vodacom (South Africa, but not locked to the network)

Issue: Cannot clear text typed on the Contacts (People) screen 'All' tab

I went to the contacts (People) screen, to the All tab.

Without selecting any contact, I held down the Menu button. This brought up the keyboard. I thought this could be another way to search the contacts so I started typing.

The Text appeared in a grey box over the keyboard. When I pressed the enter key on the keyboard nothing happened. The backspace key also does *not* erase any of the letters I've entered.

When I pressed the keyboard away key, the keyboard disappears but the text in the grey box remains floating over my contacts list. I can tap on contacts underneath it but not interact with the box itself.

If I hold down the menu key again, I get the keyboard back and can add more letters to the box but not remove any!

If I go to one of the other tabs (Groups, Online directories, Call History) the box is hidden but it returns when I go back to the All tab.

If I leave the Contacts screen and go back to the home screen the text box goes away only to return when I open the contacts screen again!

Am I missing an obvious trick here to make this text disappear for good? I don't want to have it floating over my contacts for the rest of the time I use the phone. As I said, the backspace key doesn't erase any of the letters that have been typed.

I hope someone has encountered this before. I've attached a photo of the grey text box hovering over the contacts.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. mbeets

mbeets New Member

Oct 13, 2010
    I will say that turning the phone off and on does remove the text box. I'm wondering if there is a better way?

Tags: