1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cannot configure Yahoo Email with SGS-2 !

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by augustya, Dec 24, 2011.

1. augustya

augustya Well-Known Member

Can you not configure yahoo mail on the native email client available on SGS-2.Everytime I try configuring it says wrong Id & pwd when there is nothing wrong with my Id and pwd.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast

i just set it up on mine to see.
    for yahoo all you do is enter your email address and password, not your userid.
    what you may have to do is go into your yahoo email and check the settings, POP and forwarding>enable access yahoo mail via POP

not sure if that last part will help but i think i had to do that for it to work on my previous android phone.

3. augustya

Yes that's what I have been doing enter my entire email Id and password and it still won't accept it and give me the Same error message please enter your correct email Id and password. Are you sure you tried this on the email icon in your SGS-2 or did you download the yahoo email APP available in the Android Market.

4. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast

i done it in the standard email app on the phone.
    have you enabled POP in your yahoo settings? you have to do this from your computer
    i cant think of any other reason it isnt working

5. augustya

Yes, I think now I got it, didn't know that I had to enable the Pop up settings from the Yahoo Mail account from a PC. Did that and is working now.

6. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast

glad to hear you got it sorted, this is whats good about this forum. someone usually always helps figure out a problem :D

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews