1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cannot connect Galaxy Tab A & Laptop

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mary Ann 211, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Mary Ann 211

Mary Ann 211 Lurker

Tablet-Samsung Galaxy Tab A Model SM-T350 Ver 7.1.1
    Computer-Asus 2 in 1 Laptop Windows 10
    Tablet-Asus Ver 4.4.2

Cannot connect Tab A and Laptop with USB data/charging cord.This connection previously worked.
    The USB ports work. I have connected a Asus tablet with the laptop and file explorer opens and I can see all files on the Asus tablet. Previously I could do this with the Tab A.
    The Tab A has no MTP or PTP settings.
    I can also connect my cell phone Moto G4 to the laptop.

2. step 1 change the cable
    and install sumsung drivers

download drivers from :www.odin.com

3. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Try installing Samsung's 'Smart Switch' utility on your Win10 laptop. The utility itself is a handy way to do a backup of your saved data, something you should do regularly if you haven't already set up an automatic backup solution, but by installing it this also installs the latest Samsung driver.
    https://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/
    If the driver update still doesn't help, try using a different cable or try plugging your Tab A into a different USB port, or if you're using a USB hub try plugging it directly into one of your laptop's USB ports instead. And don't forget to try the most basic thing, if you haven't already, just restart both your Tab A and your Acer, a lot of one-off glitches are fixed by just rebooting.

4. Mary Ann 211

Mary Ann 211 Lurker

Thanks, I have tried all suggested fixes. I have also searched the web and found many many fixes for this issue. Nothing has worked.
    I am to the point of resetting the tablet.
    I have tried connecting the tablet to a 3 different computers. All usb ports working on all the computers.
    That did not work. Am able to connect another tablet and my cell phone to all 3 computers.

5. svim

svim Extreme Android User

An optional way to connect your phone to your laptop is a use an app like AirDroid:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sand.airdroid&hl=en_US
    Instead of relying on a USB cable this works by connecting over your WiFi. You can sign up for an online AirDroid account to use their servers to transfer files remotely, or if you prefer to leave cloud storage out completely you can instead use the app to just work locally, only within your own home network (with the former you use the app to connect to their indicated site, with the latter you use a specified IP address that's based on how your home router assigns IP addresses.) Either way you just the need the app on your phone, and you use whatever web browser you prefer on your laptop.

6. Mary Ann 211

Mary Ann 211 Lurker

I tried the Smart Switch but didn't like it very well. I did try a different cable, that didn't help.
    Did the reboot. Didn't help.
    I am usually pretty good at finding solutions eventually. But this one is a stumper.
    I have used Bluetooth to move files from my computer to the tab A. It works ok but still not the same
    as being able to use File Explorer on my computer to view all the files on my Tab A.
    I did find a android file manager called X-plore that works very good for me.

7. Mary Ann 211

Mary Ann 211 Lurker

I did do a reset on my Samsung Tab A and that did not solve the issue.
    I will try out the AirDroid.
    Thanks for taking the time to help! I appreciate it.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 release date was April 2019. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Exynos 7904 processor, and 6150mAh battery.

April 2019
Release Date
Reviews