• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot Connect my Nexus 5 to my laptop via USB

I am trying to connect my Nexus 5 to my Laptop via USB.
Each time it detects the phone but the driver installation says Failed.

I have tried every possible thing.

Please help.

Hello shravan1985 and Welcome to AF.
Depending on your windows version and what driver package you use, you may run into issues trying to install the drivers properly.... Since there are a couple different driver package's, like the Universal Naked Drivers, LG Drivers and the Google drivers.
The easiest solution would be to try using WugFresh's Nexus tool kit. The program has a driver installation and un-installation wizard that will help you to configure and install the proper drivers for tour N5 to your PC.
Take a look here - Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.8 | WugFresh

Hope this helps and good luck! :thumbup:

Upvote 0
Hello shravan1985 and Welcome to AF.
Depending on your windows version and what driver package you use, you may run into issues trying to install the drivers properly.... Since there are a couple different driver package's, like the Universal Naked Drivers, LG Drivers and the Google drivers.
The easiest solution would be to try using WugFresh's Nexus tool kit. The program has a driver installation and un-installation wizard that will help you to configure and install the proper drivers for tour N5 to your PC.
Take a look here - Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.8 | WugFresh

Hope this helps and good luck! :thumbup:
Thanks my friend. I tried, but in vain.
The installation to MTP USB to Device still fails n I do not see any additional drive on my explorer.

Please check the image below

Nexus5.png

Upvote 0
Thanks my friend. I tried, but in vain.
The installation to MTP USB to Device still fails n I do not see any additional drive on my explorer.

Please check the image below

Nexus5.png

What version of Windows are using?
Have you tried switching back and forth between MTP and PTP mode?
Also have you tried enabling and/or disabling USB debugging mode in developer options?

Upvote 0
Im using windows7 64 bit.
Yes, I tried both, but it shows the same error.

OK. I know that Windows media player has a role in installing MTP drivers... So make sure that Windows media player is updated to at least 10.1 or higher.

Also you may need to install the MTP Porting Kit from Microsoft. (I had MTP issues and installed the Porting Kit and updated the media player and it resolved my issues)
Take a look here - Download Media Transfer Protocol Porting Kit from Official Microsoft Download Center

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones