1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support cannot connect to internet error at times

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kiddk1, Feb 25, 2011.

1. kiddk1

kiddk1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 17, 2009
    Education
    MI
    sometimes I will be trying to access the web and I get this error I then check my settings to find that mobile 3g data is disconnected. any suggestions as to what could be causing this.

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Several possibilities come to mind:

• You're at a lull, perhaps a fringe-y kind of area - this might be helped by Mobile Data always on, might not
    • You're near a tower and there's no call for this - in this case, the Evo forum has a thread noting that you can open a trouble ticket with Sprint, but they're likely to take no action unless some threshold of complaints is reached, presently thought to be 50 customers
    • It's literally a stuck bit on the motherboard, typically cured by a battery pull for about 60 seconds
    • A piece of your settings have lost their mind - update PRL then Profile in that order, it can't hurt - if PRL rev number doesn't change, but behavior does, don't sweat the technique, it's just correcting a corrupted internal file

Suggest you see if this will help you find nearest towers - https://market.android.com/details?id=com.technolatry.antennas&feature=search_result

I've found the app slightly skittish, sometimes getting the right tower locations right off, other instances needing a little time to be sure

kiddk1 likes this.