1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cannot connect to internet

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by matt542, Sep 4, 2011.

1. matt542

matt542 Member

I have been trying to connect to the wi-fi on my new Samsung Galaxy S2 , my wi-fi is provided by Orange so I have a livebox at home . I have checked under the box for the key needed to set up the connection but my phone just says "scanning" then "authenticating " and then disconnect , before repeating everything again . I've triple checked that the key is correct and have managed to set it up on another of my phones .

Any ideas what's wrong ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DBailey

DBailey Lurker

Hi there, did you manage to resolve this problem? I have a new Galaxy S2 and am having exactly the same problem trying to connect to my Orange Livebox. Would be grateful for any advice......
    Thanks.

3. icedtea

icedtea Android Enthusiast

i think S2 does not support adhoc connections . . .i read a thread about that here. .

4. Samsung_gs2

Samsung_gs2 Lurker

Hi there,

Try setting your wireless setting to "Use static IP" (settings_Wireless network_Wi-fi settings_Advanced_Use static IP)

Then put in the following information:

IP address: 192.168.1.1
    Gateway: 192.168.1.1
    Netmask: 255.255.255.0
    DNS1: 192.168.1.1
    DNS2: 192.168.1.3

If this does not work then try to the same thing but but leave both DNS feilds clear.

Hope it helps.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews