• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot connect to my home server

whyme

Lurker
Oct 2, 2010
Hi,

I'm out of Ideas.

I have a web/other server at home. Using DynDNS. Everything works for a remote user trying to connect from a PC.

If I try to connect to my web site, webUI for uTorrent, or VNC from my phone the connection errors out.

I'm trying to use my cell service provider to connect. Not Wifi or something that wouldn't work through DynDNS. If I change settings to try to connect locally, using wifi and no dyndns, it works.

web error I get is:
Error 502 - Bad Request
The server could not resolve your request for uri: whatevermyhomeservernameis.dyndns.org/

My phone is rooted and running Cyanogen 6. HTC Dream (G1).
All other servers seem to work, just not mine. And as I said my server works fine for PC user.

It used to work. I'm not sure what I did, but it may have happened after I updated to Cyanogen 6 from 4.2... not sure as I didn't need to access my server remotely for some time after my upgrade.

I've tried searching for a fix, but I get results that have little to do with this issue. I'm about ready to choke a bitch!

Also:
AndFTP works fine from my phone to a separate server on the same domain....
I can use a service like HideMyAss.com to view my webpage on my phone.

WTF, mate?

Edit:
whatevermyhomeservernameis.dyndns.org is not the name of my home server.

I'm going crazy trying to connect to my home router also after just updating to CyanogenMod V6.0
Radio - 2.22.23.02
Amon_RA Recovery 1.7
It must have something to do with this ROM!!!! If not someone please help. My router does detect the phone and has a IP address along with a MAC code I've tried to connect to exclusively. The phone searches and recognizes my router, "obtaining IP address", "remembered" but then disconnects, then starts to scan again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones