1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

cannot connect to public wifi

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by jimerson, Dec 23, 2012.

1. jimerson

jimerson Lurker

Hi folks;
    I have a LG P930 Nitro, recently upgraded to ICS, and I cannot get on any public wifi. I can, however, get on my home wifi, so connectivity is not an issue.

When I go to McD's, Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, Kohls, a hospital, or any other place with a public wifi, I have to turn wifi on, scan for open hotspots, pick one, and then connect. I do this by going to "System Settings -> Wireless and Networks -> Wifi", and under "wifi networks", picking the one I want, and tap "select". It will say "connected", and then as soon as I go to the browser or Google Search, I am instantly kicked off the wifi network, and when looking at my settings, I see that wifi has been turned off! I can do this numerous times, and it is always the same. I downloaded Wifi Fixer, and it is as useful as nipples on a boar.
    I use Dolphin as the default browser, but also have Chrome, Firefox, and the native browser.

Today, my wife and I were near a Starbucks, and I had to borrow her phone, an Avail ZTE 990 with (I think) FroYo! Worked fine, connnected with Dolphin, and had no trouble. Felt like throwing this expensive phone through a wall...

HELP!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download