1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

cannot connect to wifi at home

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by skira, Jun 9, 2011.

1. skira

skira Lurker
    None

Jun 9, 2011
    I am encounter this problem, my samsung galaxy 5503 cannot connect wifi at my house but it is working fine at starbuck, KFC. It is ok for my laptop to connect my wifi at home, so shouldn't be any problem on my hand phone.

Before I sent for upgrade to Android version 2.2, was ok but after upgraded to 2.2, I am having this problem.

Samsung technician said the setting is ok, they are able to connect wifi at their office.

Any help?

Advertisement

2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Welcome to Android Forums! Double check your wifi router at home, make sure your password is the same. In Android, when you enter the wifi password, you can make the password visible to double check. Quite often that is the case where the wifi password is typed wrong.

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Welcome, skira.

+1 to AndroidSPCS' answer.

You could try going into Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Wi-Fi settings -> select your home network in the list of Wi-Fi networks by long-pressing the entry and select "Forget network". Then when your home network reappears on the screen, select it and re-enter your password and the appropriate settings.

Good luck and welcome again to AndroidForums!