• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help cannot copy file. The device has either stopped responding or been disconnected.

AngelicCore

Sep 4, 2011
Cairo
Hi,

Official Rom here, just rooted using autoroot.

Whenever i transfer files using MTP (miss UMS) it may or may not transfer it.

I have latest Kies and am using the USB cable that came with the note.

So i copy 10 files for example .. some files work...some...they just give me errors.

It doesn't depend on size or anything just randomly i get this message..i press skip file and it MAY or MAY copy the next file, same issue.

Used to happen to my S2(different PC & Cables) too..Never had an issue with Mass Storage mode..it is this idiotic MTP :(

Any thing i can do to never see this error again? :smokingsomb:

just adding:

After the problem doesn't seem to be the copying as much as copying/writing to that particular folder.

I tried copying Asphalt 7(hate downloading 1.5gigs each format) obb file into Phone=>Android=>obb and it refused to copy a single file..then i tried to copy into root of device and it worked...now tried (still using MTP) to copy it from root to obb folder...same error again.

Is there some way to have exclusive access or something like that?

Upvote 0
Ok after some trial and error and some searching I got it:

Problem: Since 4.1.2 (atleast) the phone/android/obb is write protected when using MTP connection
Solution: Copy the files using MTP to any other directory. On the phone using any file explorer, even My Files, move into desired folder.

It is a work around, but atleast it works and saves me from downloading gigs of files i already have backed up

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones