• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot delete a text msg

Merolas

Android Enthusiast
Aug 3, 2010
Montreal
I have a SE X10a, The problem i have is that i have deleted a txt msg thread but shortly after i received a another txt. That text is showing all the time on my notification bar as a new message, but i can't find it in my messaging app to delete it. How can i get rid of that msg? I do not want to turn all notifications off

well, it just clear for a while and when i receive a another text it come just right back

Yes to notify you that another text has come through.

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Upvote 0
What about Settings > Applications> Manage Applications > scroll thru til you get to your messaging app and clear everything... data / cache / defaults / force stop. Might be the same as Powerkiter but it may also help. Other than that try the repair option on PC Companion under the Support/Update tab... only trouble is you might lose your data.

Reactions: Merolas
Upvote 0
Hurrah! Glad you got it sorted. To be fair it was Powerkiter saying about clearing the cache made me think about the Managing Applications bit (plus he told me off :D on another thread for just recommending an app from the market when the phone could do stuff, so I actually had a good look at the phone first, ta Powerkiter!)

Upvote 0
Well if the above never worked then neither will my idea so a reset it must be...

Before you do it though as said about the saving data before you do you can get an app like Astro file manager to save all your apps there are other things you can do but you might just save the problem and reinstall it.

Save the apps and use SE pc companion to save the phone book and then use SEUS to reset the phone.

Rosered, I never ment that post to be aimed at you it just seems on android if someone gets stuck they get an app when a lot of the time its not needed :) but I did forget about the app manager lol.

Upvote 0
Maybe try the above with some changes.

1. use something like mybackup or sms backup & restore to save all ya msgz
2. disable your notification (in stock messaging app) then clear cache n stuff as mentioned above.
3. delete all ya msgz
4. reboot
5. then just restore everything back n enable your notifications again..

hope it helps!!

Upvote 0
Have you gone into Data Synchronisation under main Menu and set it up. Then I think you can access it straight from the App Drawer icon. It was very straightforward when I did it.

If its still being difficult, maybe register a new account with the Sony Website and on your phone?

Let us know how you get on.

Upvote 0
I tried to log in with the app itself and on the setting panel both are the same anyway. What happen is when i try to log on the original username i created on the site it tells me wrong user/pw. When i try to create a new account by the phone either with my hotmail or gmail adress it keeps telling me that i have an invalid email adress.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones