1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Cannot delete albums/images from gallery, please help!

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by MyUsernameRox, Feb 8, 2014.

1. MyUsernameRox

MyUsernameRox Android Enthusiast

Jan 5, 2012
    Male
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    These two albums just popped up in my gallery and no matter what I do, I can't delete them. I can't delete either album individually, and I can't delete any individual images from the album.

Last time this happened to me was on my optimus m and I was stuck with those images and albums in my gallery for the life of my phone, until I bought a new one. I don't want to be stuck with these things in my gallery for the year to a year and a half that I will likely have this phone how do I get rid of them?

For what it's worth my Dropbox account is not linked to this phone, I never even finished creating it, to the best of my knowledge, though I did use the email that I use for this phone during the setup. Also I have never once accessed the Picasa app from this phone.

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Android Expert
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    [​IMG]

those would be your picasa albums, you can either go to https://picasaweb.google.com/home and delete the albums there. or go to settings > accounts > yourusername@gmail.com > google+ photos

disable that and you should be able to clear out the gallery app's cache/data and reboot and be fine.

MyUsernameRox likes this.