• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot delete broken/ghost widget on homescreen

cycleboy

Lurker
Dec 11, 2011
Hey, everyone,

I just developed a problem on my Evo Shift that's driving me nuts: when I go to my homescreen from my lockscreen, the weather portion of the HTC Sense clock widget (shining Sun in this instance) shows up on top of everything, then disappears after a few seconds. I've tried grabbing it to delete it, but once I touch the screen, the Sun/widget disappears and I'm taken to the Personalize screen. I'm not rooted and running Sense. My homescreen has no widgets on it, only apps. I've tried changing the scene and the skin, but to no avail. I've also tried to delete data on HTC Sense via Manage Applications, but again, no luck.

I'm at a total loss here.

Thanks.

Finally found an answer from a fellow poster named Brad:

If you have WidgetLocker installed (I do), look in settings under "Look & Feel." There's a setting called "HTC Weather Animations." Set that to "Disabled" and the annoying animations (clouds, sun, etc.) finally stop.

Thanks again to Brad.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones