1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cannot delete contact when sharing photos

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ixoni, Sep 17, 2021.

1. ixoni

ixoni Lurker

Hello,

I have a problem with some contacts I cannot get rid of when I share a photo. When I share a photo, there is a row of contacts that show up, I suppose of frequently used contacts. However I have not used some of these for over year and one in particular is no longer in my actual contacts. I don't know how to delete it. It is especially bad because it is an ex girlfriend, and if my wife sees it I am sure she can only come to one conclusion! I think I was originally using it with WhatsApp, but I long since deleted all those chats, blocked her, and deleted from my contacts, as far as I can tell. Any help much appreciated!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Hi there, and welcome to Android Forums :thumbsupdroid:

What app are you sharing photos from? Some apps implement their own sharing mechanism so it can sometimes be tricky to track down where the suggestions are coming from.

Dannydet, puppykickr and ocnbrze like this.
  3. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Have you checked to see if the contact info is still in the contacts?

Perhaps there is a cache on whatever app you are sharing to/from that needs clearing.

Also try seeing if there are defauts set for sharing, like for the apps involved (both to and from).

Another option may be to turn of this (annoying, imo) feature altogether, as I have done.

That is usually done on a per app basis, in the settings within each app.

#3 puppykickr, Sep 17, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    Dannydet likes this.
  4. ixoni

ixoni Lurker

5. ixoni

ixoni Lurker

Thank you, I am sharing from the camera. After taking a picture you view the photo and there is an option to share it

6. ixoni

ixoni Lurker

7. ixoni

ixoni Lurker

I sent into app settings for the camera and cleared the cache and data but it didn't clear those old contacts

8. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

It may not do much for removing a specific contact, but you could go into the Camera settings and disable the Social Share feature to get rid of those sharing shortcuts. Then you can just tap the gallery icon from the camera to view the photo and share it out from there.

9. olbriar

olbriar  

You might try scrolling down from the suggested list and then click on the app icon you wish to use to send the pic. It should then open a box to type the contact name. Once you start typing it should auto fill. This is the way my S21 works...

Google Pixel 3A Forum

The Google Pixel 3A release date was May 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.0" inch or 5.6" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 670 processor, and 3700mAh or 3000mAh battery.

May 2019
Release Date
Reviews