• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot delete contact when sharing photos

ixoni

Lurker
Sep 17, 2021
Hello,

I have a problem with some contacts I cannot get rid of when I share a photo. When I share a photo, there is a row of contacts that show up, I suppose of frequently used contacts. However I have not used some of these for over year and one in particular is no longer in my actual contacts. I don't know how to delete it. It is especially bad because it is an ex girlfriend, and if my wife sees it I am sure she can only come to one conclusion! I think I was originally using it with WhatsApp, but I long since deleted all those chats, blocked her, and deleted from my contacts, as far as I can tell. Any help much appreciated!

Have you checked to see if the contact info is still in the contacts?

Perhaps there is a cache on whatever app you are sharing to/from that needs clearing.

Also try seeing if there are defauts set for sharing, like for the apps involved (both to and from).

Another option may be to turn of this (annoying, imo) feature altogether, as I have done.

That is usually done on a per app basis, in the settings within each app.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Have you checked to see if the contact info is still in the contacts?

Perhaps there is a cache on whatever app you are sharing to/from that needs clearing.

Also try seeing if there are defauts set for shating, like for the apps involved (both to and from).

Another option may be to turn of this (anmoying, imo) feature altogether, as I have done.

That is usually done on a per app basis, in the settings within each app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones