1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cannot delete photos from SD card via Gallery or Quick Pic - what app to use?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by OakIris, Aug 14, 2017.

1. OakIris

OakIris Member

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S7; Nougat OS. I installed an SD card in hopes of freeing up some interior storage space. Among other things, I wanted a photo management app that could be moved to the SD card and that would store the photos on the card as well.

I downloaded Quick Pic to check it out. I discovered, however, that I am unable to delete photos from the SD card with Quick Pic - it asks me to choose the root directory of the SD card but won't accept any of the choices I click on, shows operation failed every time. I checked out the Gallery app that came with the phone; it claimed to delete the picture from the SD card, but the photo was still there when it was done. I moved QuickPic back to internal storage and it still acted like my photos were on the SD card so I deleted the app, but it did move all of my photos back into internal storage so I was able to use Gallery to delete the photos I wanted to get rid of. But now I am back to square one and not very pleased with the way Samsung chose to implement storage in this phone!

Please recommend a decent photo app to me that can delete photos from the SD card as well as residing on the SD card.

Holly

2. OakIris

OakIris Member

I have figured out what I was doing wrong, so nevermind!

#2 OakIris, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    danacochran54 likes this.
  3. Buick510

Buick510 Lurker

OakIris, please tell me what you did. I continue to get the "failed" message trying to delete images on my S8 using QuickPic.