1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Cannot delete Superuser - HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tfilgate, Oct 10, 2011.

1. tfilgate

tfilgate Lurker
    None

Oct 10, 2011
    I am new to these forums, so bear with me because I don't know all the vocabulary just yet.

I am in desperate need of help...my brother-in-law, who doesn't know the answer to this question, convinced me I should root my phone a few months back.

I never really got too in depth with it after I did it, basically only using it for wi-fi tethering. Now, I cannot download the new Gingerbread update, so I have been trying to figure out how to un-root and install it.

I did everything I thought I should, including a factory re-install, but I cannot get Superuser off my phone. I tried re-rooting and using terminal emulator, but it doesn't seem to be working and I don't know what I can be doing wrong.

Can someone please help me with some easy steps? I have already wiped all my apps from the phone, I will gladly go back to square one if needed, I just don't want this on there anymore (for now). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. RJT185

RJT185 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 21, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    You'll have to SBF (see the threads on this) back to stock. Gives you a clean slate from which to download the GB OTA update and go from there. Good luck.

tfilgate likes this.
  3. tfilgate

tfilgate Lurker
    None

Oct 10, 2011
    I did that but Superuser still remained on the phone.

4. RJT185

RJT185 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 21, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    From recovery, Wipe Data, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik.