• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cannot Dial EPST ##3282#

Doodleschmit

Dec 29, 2011
Just Rooted My EVO shift, and right now I am attempting to bypass the Sprint Proxy by using the EPST utility. I used Evil Dev/Null's method to rooting which I think gave me a strange GingerBread rom. Every time I try to dial the ##3282# the phone says it tries to start the utility and promptly brings up my phone dialer and recent calls list, and no menu pops up. Is the ROM I'm using stopping me from doing this? I already have my MSL number, I just wanted to get faster speeds.

Yes, I used a ROM that was given with Evil's root program. I flashed it using clockwork, then flashed a gingerbread update ROM too. I have seen EPST.apk downloads floating about the internet, think I could stash it in my SD card, and start it up from a file explorer? or would it be easier to flash a different ROM?

Upvote 0
I'm trying to reset the Sprint Proxy, so I don't have to deal with throttling, and get a 3G speed boost. I have read a few articles about it on XDA. I was told to simply memorize the MSL, dial ##3282# go through a couple of options, and end up resetting a couple of proxies to 0.0.0.0. Although I just found this article:
[GUIDE] Disabling Sprint proxies to improve speed, compatibility, & choice - xda-developers

I have the terminal application needed on my phone, do you think this is a safe method, seeing as how I can't launch the EPST naturally?

Upvote 0
Did you ever find a solution to this? I need to dial ##72786# on a non-sense ROM to run EPST, and re-flashing isn't an option.

You can't access epst from a non Sense based ROM. Make a nand, flash Sense, change your setting and nand back. (depending on what you edit, changes may not stick) Your only other option is cdma workshop, which I know very little about but I know you need to be careful cause there is a risk of bricking.

Reactions: 330D
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones