• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root cannot download from market

ChaosNSkye

Jun 25, 2012
my brother rooted my phone, backed up all my apps and put CM7 on it. I've been trying to download a few things from the play store and at first it said "insignicant space" when I had plenty of space. then somehow I was able to download "MarketFix" and it fixed that problem, and went on to "package file invalid"

I've tried deleting my dvalk (I think that's how it's spelled) from the recovery screen. I've downgraded my market but it keeps updating back whenever I open it. I deleted the market data and cache. and it still doesn't work, and some of my apps magically delete themselves somehow.

I don't know much about rooting, I'm more of an iphone/ipod jailbreaker. so if anyone can guide me through this I'd totally appreciate it:D

Lol never had that problem you could run other fix go to terminal
Type: su
# fix_permissions then when everything Finish at the bottom reboot :)

Either way you could flash it again go into "recovery" make sure you have a backup
*wipe data
*partition cache
*dalvik cache
Flash the rom then
*MMS-fix and gapps

I tried those except flashing and mms I can't figure out how to do that but it restored back to new cm7. And I did poke around on the market, I can download anything under 7mb with no problem but once its at 7mb+ it says package invalid or insignificant space

Upvote 0
Hmm ever use apps 2 SD that comes wit cm7 plus do have the mms-fix and gapps on your sdcard then in recovery you reflash all 3 rom,mms-fix,and gapps wit out any reboots pluz I don't use titanium backup on cm7 it takes alot storage space tho???

Ok I found a helpful solution try this get either app(root explorer or es file manger) in settings of those apps click root permission now try finding try moving or deleting "01mvdalvik" file out of init.d
System/etc/init.d/01mvdalvik
It clears market cache and dalvik, now reboot into recovery
*wipe cache and dalvik cache
Reboot

This is by bobz

:eek::eek:So your brother just flash it wit out mms-fix and gapps are your google apps :thinking:

oh..yeah I don't have my google apps anymore.
and now I can't get off the swirling green android loading screen

Upvote 0
I ended up recovering back before he had put CM on it. I'm still rooted and have rom manager and gingerbreak and cpu something.
I figured I'd try and start from the beginning so nothing is screwed up.
I put the CM on my sd card and tried to install from it but it keeps telling me that the install was terminated? can you walk me through how to do it I don't wanna brick my phone XD that'd suck

I know I'm a pain in the butt I'm sorry!!! :( :( :( :(

Upvote 0
Ok I found a helpful solution try this get either app(root explorer or es file manger) in settings of those apps click root permission now try finding try moving or deleting "01mvdalvik" file out of init.d
System/etc/init.d/01mvdalvik
It clears market cache and dalvik, now reboot into recovery
*wipe cache and dalvik cache
Reboot

This is by bobz

Thanks!
after play around. on es file manager, in settings check Up to Root, Root explorer, Mount file system <---finally I think check this one allow you to delete and rename 01mvdalvik

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones