• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot Download PDF - Samsung S8

I selected Drive PDF Viewer as my default to view PDF files. However, I cannot open some PDF files. I am honestly not sure if this an app issue or a behavior issue.

Drive PDF Viewer does not appear in my list of apps, so I can't "unset" it as the default, as most of the forum pages suggest. I downloaded Google PDF Viewer but when I click on "Set as Default" there are no options. It says "None set as default". The buttons for "Clear Defaults" is grayed out. The options under "App Links" are also grayed out, but they don't seem to apply to PDFs.

Update:
I tried downloading from a different browser and was asked what the default behavior should be. This time I selected "Save to downloads" and I am not having problems.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones