1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cannot edit video, file corrupted

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tripper11, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Tripper11

Tripper11 Lurker

Recently bought a Note 10 plus 5g. Everything was working fine, videos and pictures set to save on my sd card.
    Initially I was able to shoot and edit video no problem until a couple nights ago when I noticed my videos were being saved to my camera(internal storage) and when I try to edit a video I get a "Cannot edit video. File corrupted or not supported" notice.
    I've double checked all my settings and everything appears to be the same.
    I tried copying a video to the sd card and editing it that way and I get the same notice.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

How are you copying the video?
    Are you sure the SD card storage is external storage? SD card and internal storage is usually the same location....

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. Tripper11

Tripper11 Lurker

So whether I copy or not. The video cannot be edited due to message as mentioned in thread starter.
    I checked again, and there are 2 options to highlight. Internal storage(which I assume means phone storage) and sd card(which I assume is the sd card I installed for extra memory and to avoid filling up my phone memory)
    SD card is highlighted.
    So when I take pictures, they go to SD card. when I first started using the phone, video was saving to sd card as well.
    Then somewhere in the last couple of days, any video I shoot saves to the phone internal storage. And since that changed, bot my doinjg, I cannot edit video. They do playback on my phone, but when I share them with someone on messenger, they can't play them either.
    Hope this clarifies.
    Thanks.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Could you make a test video and post it somewhere online (using online storage file sharing or something like Firefox Send) and see if we're also having a problem with the video file? This might help narrow things down if the problem is tied to the camera app or something else.

Also, are you using the Samsung camera app? Which video editing app?

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. Tripper11

Tripper11 Lurker

I'm using the Samsung camera app and trying to edit from the gallery with that is part of that.

6. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Enthusiast

Video plays just fine.

But you put it on Youtube.
    So they are going to reformat anything that you upload to them, for compatibility and compression.

So we are not experiencing the issue.
    We need the actual file as it is on your device.

Could you put the video onto another service, like maybe drive, and post a link to it?

Dannydet and svim like this.
  7. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Enthusiast

Actually, Drive may very well do the same thing.

Some other online storage would be better.