1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Cannot Factory Reset my Android Tablet

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by John Turner, Apr 28, 2016.

1. John Turner

John Turner Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2016
    Male
    I recently purchased a non identifiable Android Tablet over the internet. Unfortunately I forgot the login password and need to factory reset the tablet (there is nothing on it so it will cause no loss).

Up to now I have been unable to do so by using the Power Button and the Volume + button (as suggested by numerous websites).

I also tried to get into Google after five incorrect logon attempts but was also unable to do this.

Is there a special combination, different from the one I used, to Factory Reset by tablet?

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert
    None

Jan 11, 2013
    The button combination can vary between devices but it I would guess that it has to use the power button and one or more other physical buttons. I guess you have to try every combination you can come up with - generally there aren't too many buttons so there shouldn't be too many combinations available.

Alternatively, they may have put one of those reset holes in somewhere that you have to shove a pin in.

3. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy

Mar 10, 2012
    Male
    Computer Tech.
    Colorado Springs,CO.
    Try entering the incorrect password at least 10 times and see if it will factory reset.

4. John Turner

John Turner Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2016
    Male
    After 5 incorrect passwords it stops you entering for 30 seconds and then allows you to try again. No factory reset no matter how many incorrect passwords are entered I'm afraid.

5. John Turner

John Turner Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2016
    Male
    I have three buttons, Power/Volume/Return and the combinations I tried with all three did not work. I also found a pinhole but when I try that it only reboots the machine.

6. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
    When you try the button combo, power + volume up, is the tablet powered off and how long are you holding buttons?

7. John Turner

John Turner Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2016
    Male
    Yes, the tablet is powered off. I hold the power button until I see activity and I leave it go then. I keep the volume + pressed and have also tried repeatedly pressing it until the unit shows a normal power up screen.

8. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
    Only other thing I can think of to try, if you have USB cable to connect to PC would be to have tablet off, press and hold both volume up+ volume down and connect cable to tablet and see if you get anything. Hopefully it will boot into fastboot mode with options.

If you had USB debugging enabled might could try ADB commands.

9. John Turner

John Turner Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2016
    Male
    Hi again, thanks for your suggestion but nothing happened I'm afraid (the battery charging icon appeared only). Back to the drawing board.

10. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Many recent devices now have protection against factory resetting and erasing to an as-new state, if you don't know the original login credentials. It's an anti-theft security feature. No way around it either AFAIK. You could check with the online vendor, but probably they're in China and don't really know or care.