• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot figure out how to share files wirelessly with my PC

Sportster

Android Enthusiast
Nov 28, 2009
Indiana, US
Am trying to drag/drop files from my Droid to my PC and back but cannot figure this out to save my life. I want to do it via wifi,not bluetooth. I DL es file explore but I cannot get my PC to recognize my Droid like it would if I connected via USB and mounted. How in the world do I get it so I can swap files back and forth? ES keeps asking for a password and I have no clue what password it wants. I did my initial logon password and it got me in but past that it's a no go. Not to mention the biggest prob is trying to get the PC to recognize it has the Droid connected and looking at files on its network. I'm using Vista and am rooted using Droidmod.

Also there's no where where it will allow me to enter the LAN name so it can be recognized on the network.

In ES File Explorer, there is a tab at the top of the screen where you choose LAN. Once you choose LAN, go to Menu and tap Add. I had to physically put in the IP address of the connection I wanted to make to get it to work. I do think that you have to do the file transfers from the driod, not the PC. It works great for me. You can navigate back an forth through folders very easily.

Hope this is of some help,
BigRedGonzo

Upvote 0
Another option is to install FTPServer by Andreas Liebig (FTPServer - Android app on AppBrain) on your phone, and a free FTP client, like FileZilla for example (FileZilla - The free FTP solution), on your PC. Then fire up the FTP server, and connect to it from your PC. FileZilla displays the local and remote filesystems in an Explorer-like window, and you can drag-and-drop between them. Works well for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones