1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Cannot find 'New' Applications from HTC Hub

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheClock, Aug 17, 2011.

1. TheClock

TheClock Lurker
    None

Apr 12, 2011
    Hello,

Just updated my Desire S to the new system software 1.47 (on 02)

After my phone updated, i got two notifications from the HTC Hub, the first said i had new widgets to install, and the second said i had new applications to install, there was two of them i believe 'Linkdin' was one, or something around them lines.

They where offical HTC applications, that would usally come pre-installed it seemed.

However, after i installed the Widgets, i cleared my notifications, and the alert for the applications disapeared.

Now i cannot find the new applications that i can install. Iv tried looking on the HTC Hub, however it only displays 'Widgets' not applications, and ofcourse it isn't on the Android market as its from HTC.

Any help?

Advertisement

2. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    These are plug-ins for Picasa and LinkdIn. They work differently to apps and widgets.

You'll find Picasa available when you open the 'Gallery' app; it will be along the bottom row of icons at the far end.

LinkdIn should be available through Accounts & sync (Menu > Settings > Accounts & sync > Add account). It will sync all your contacts from your LinkdIn account to your phone. You may not want this to happen depending on how you feel about syncing contacts to your phone and your past experiences doing so. Lots of people seem to come unstuck with syncing, especially if there are 100s of contacts!

3. dudleydave

dudleydave Lurker
    None

Oct 4, 2011
    I also got the update, but declined the install. Is there any way to now get these installed?

Might be looking in the wrong place, but I've found an screenshot of the HTC Hub application on the web showing an "Apps & Plug-ins" section (above Widgets), I don't have that section, does anyone else?

4. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    You can try Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All (tab) > HTC Hub > Clear data

Then Menu > Settings > Accounts & sync > HTC Sense > make sure Sync HTC Hub is checked.

With any luck, you'll soon be notified of the Picasa and LinkedIn downloads again.

dudleydave likes this.
Tags: