• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot find wireless network

ketchito

Lurker
Jan 1, 2013
Hi:

About a month ago I bought an Onda V702 (Android 4.0.4) and was never able to get online since it doesn't find my network (even though the Wi-fi mode is ON). When using my laptop, I can always get online.

I'd appreciate any help (with detailed instructions since I'm new using these devices and OS).

Thanks!

I can't say for sure (at least, I didn't set any encryption intentionally and the system never requested any password). When I verified in Security > Passwords, there is only the option of "Make passwords visible" (which I cheched and unchecked with no different results). Nevertheless, when I selected "Advanced" in Wireless & networks > Wi-fi, there are two fields that can't be modified:

- MAC address (00:2a:01:00:63:b1)
- IP address (Unavailable)

It seemed relevant so I mentioned it. Thanks for your advices.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones