1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support cannot get any updates on droid 2

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by lostforawhile, Feb 24, 2016.

1. lostforawhile

lostforawhile Lurker
    None

Feb 24, 2016
    Male
    I just had to do a reset on my droid 2, I'm still on version 2.3.4 and there are no updates available? I know for a fact there are several versions available for this phone, yet the phone insists there are none, did Verizon stop supporting my phone? or whats the deal? can i download these updates on the laptop and update from there? HELP!!

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

Most likely Verizon did stop updating the phone. That's the problem with buying carrier subsidized phones really.

The_Chief likes this.
  3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    I would not look for anything even remotely similar to Lollipop or Marshmallow for the Droid 2, either from Verizon or online. The older phones like the Droid 2 simply don't have the memory capacity to hold modern operating systems. If I'm not mistaken, it only has 1GB of RAM... woefully low in this day and age. It was a great phone in its day, but you migt want to start saving up your pizza money for a newer device if you want a newer OS. Hope this helps :)

4. lostforawhile

lostforawhile Lurker
    None

Feb 24, 2016
    Male
    i dont expect to update to the very newest version but there are a couple of versions it was able to be updated to, when i got it i was able to update, now it's been reset and i'm back to square one, is there a way to update it online? this is the toughest phone I've ever seen, and I destroy phones

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Even CyanogenMod only went as far as 2.3 for the Droid 2. That was a CDMA/EVDO only phone specially made for Verizon, no one else sells Droids. And if they(Motorola) stopped at 2.3 as well, that's it.
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=droid2

#5 mikedt, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016