1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Cannot get Apps2SD to work.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jduval43, Nov 9, 2010.

1. jduval43

jduval43 New Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Hey Everyone,

I have searched and read and followed all steps I could to the T. I cannot seem to get Apps2SD to work. I am using Drellisdee's recovery as well as Trident's Velocity 3. I have formatted the SD card to 0mb swap with 512mb Ext.3 and FAT32 for the rest. I have an 8GB class 2 (I know it sucks) SD card. I tried using Drellisdee's recovery and the one included with ROM Manager. I have verified I have the Ext partition through Titanium backup. it shows that I have 102 out of 159MB free on my internal storage and 220 out of 480MB free on my A2sd partition. If I long press on an app on Titanium backup I am not allowed to move it to the SD (The option is grayed out) and when I install an app the internal space goes down. It doesnt seem to matter if I install the app from a backup or directly from the market.

I have tried re-flashing the recovery and ROM multiple times with no luck. If anyone could help me I would be VERY great full.

Ps. Sorry for the long post just wanted to give as much info up front as possible.

Advertisement

2. jake_harv88

jake_harv88 Active Member

Sep 14, 2010
    I dont believe that titanium backup should be able to do that. I think that's a feature that would be available in a froyo build. Froyo handles apps2sd a little differently than Raptor or Velocity do. All of your apps (except system apps) will automatically go to the ext partition.

This is expected. Currently the dalvik-cache for an app will get saved on internal storage. Its not a good idea to move dalvik to the sd card especially for lower class cards. For reference I have 70+ apps on my phone and am down to abot 40 MB of internal.

To test if a2sd is working try this from a terminal:

Code (Text):
    1. ls /system/sd
    you should see a folder called "app" and "app-private" there

Also do:

Code (Text):
    1. ls -l /data
    you should see a symlink /data/app --> /system/sd/app

If you are still having issues, pop into the LG Ally IRC channel.

Tags: