• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot get into recovery mode....please help

AbdulKhan

Lurker
Jan 21, 2013
Hi for some reason i cant get into recovery mode, neither my phone will turn on.
I get to the Samsung icon but phone will just restart. Have tried pressing volume up + home key and lock key....the phone des restart and green icon does appare but only for a second.

Can anyone help?

Phone i'm using is the Samsung galaxy s3 model number is GT-19300

Hi for some reason i cant get into recovery mode, neither my phone will turn on.
I get to the Samsung icon but phone will just restart. Have tried pressing volume up + home key and lock key....the phone des restart and green icon does appare but only for a second.

Can anyone help?

Phone i'm using is the Samsung galaxy s3 model number is GT-19300

I think to get into recovery on the Galaxy S3, you have to hold volume up + power + home. If it give you odin(download) mode, then it's volume down instead of volume up.
It might be possible that you don't have recovery on your device if it you're doing the right command and it loops. I would go into odin mode and flash a recovery if that's the case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones