• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cannot get into recovery mode

OP4500

Apr 19, 2012
I used the all in one tool to root my spectrum and install clockworkmod recovery, installed broken out 1.1, then later updated to 1.2.1, now I can't get back into recovery mode. I used "reboot into recovery" in ROM manager same as I did the last 2 times, but now it just brings up the LG logo, then black screen and I have to pull my battery to get the phone to boot back up.

I used the all in one tool to root my spectrum and install clockworkmod recovery, installed broken out 1.1, then later updated to 1.2.1, now I can't get back into recovery mode. I used "reboot into recovery" in ROM manager same as I did the last 2 times, but now it just brings up the LG logo, then black screen and I have to pull my battery to get the phone to boot back up.

Are you giving it about 60 to 70 seconds?
My wife's phone seems like it went comatose but if I give it some time..
Also, I use ROM Toolbox for best results.

Upvote 0
Actually, this is answered in the CWM Touch recovery thread.

"You phone will now reboot and hopefully into CWM recovery touch. If you get a blank screen, I have found this typically means your phone has been on too long. Fully power it off and leave it for a bit. Then turn it on and try the "adb reboot recovery" command again, or use a program like Rom Manager to get into recovery."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones