1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cannot get OTA updates, stuck on ver 1.02.605.6

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by psptpr98, Aug 9, 2012.

1. psptpr98

psptpr98 Newbie

I have been waiting for the Rezound OTA Ice Cream Sandwich update for over a week now with no luck. Several attempts to manually get the update showed no updates available.

In searching some forums today, I noticed one that stated that you have to be running software version 2.01.605.11 to get the ICS update. I verified that on HTC's website. When I checked my software version, I found that it is running on version 1.02.605.6.....

I called Verizon and they confirmed that is why I am not getting the ICS update. They patched me through to HTC. HTC of course had me do a factory reset, hoping that would trigger my software to update to the 2.01.605.11 and ultimately trigger the ICS update. That did not work. They then had me punch in a string of numbers to do a "check in" with Google to make sure that the phone was communicating with the servers correctly. The checkin was sucessful, but the ICS manual update still did not work.

As a side note, the phone was purchased new at the end of February, the OTA update to the 2.01.605.11 rolled out at the end of January (before I got the phone). The phone has never been rooted.

Anybody else having this issue or have any suggestions? HTC told me to give it 24 hours after the checkin, but I have a feeling that was just their way of getting me off the phone!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. acejavelin

acejavelin Android Expert

You should be able to just download the .12 ICS RUU and flash it in hboot, android police has the official one, and instructions. [Exclusive Download] HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich RUU For Final OTA (3.14.605.12)

If you are not comfortable with that, here is a link to the latest stock Gingerbread RUU EXE:
    2.02.605.11 STOCK RUU EXE
    download

Just run it from your PC and it will guide you through the process of updating and you will be on the version of GB software that you CAN update to ICS OTA. Unfortunately, HTC hasn't released an RUU executable for the latest ICS software.

I would recommend just flashing the .12 RUU of ICS though, will keep you from having to go through so many steps.

Remember, anytime you flash an RUU it will wipe all the data on your phone, so backup accordingly.

psptpr98 likes this.
  3. psptpr98

psptpr98 Newbie

Thank You!!!! I was not comfortable flashing the ROM as I have never done that before. I used your second option and it could NOT have been any easier!!!! (Once I got a driver issue on my computer resolved). My phone updated to the correct version of Gingerbread without a hitch. Once it re-booted, I manually checked for updates and there was the ICS update! Once again, this forum is more help than Verizon and HTC!

4. acejavelin

acejavelin Android Expert

Glad you got all updated!!! Enjoy the Ice Creamy goodness!!!

5. pinzero

pinzero Lurker

I had a rooted phone and unlocked boot loader, I tried the OTA update; it applied the prep but no matter what always went to the HBOOT screen after trying to do the ICS update. The first time this occured the phone was unlocked and fastboot was enabled, after I fixed that (Relocked the Phone, disabled fastboot) still no joy. I reflashed back to this after reading posts here and tried the over the air update again - this got the prep-update off. I think the problem was that once I started the over the air update with an unlocked phone, it would not work. I guess a little reading 1st would have saved me some time, instead of just check for updates and try apply with an unlocked and rooted phone.

Starting fresh with the official stock Gingerbread RUU listed here fixed that. OTA Prep and Upgrade worked after applying the stock RUU.

Thanks I appreciate the help this forum provided me.
    -Phil

6. beja75

beja75 Lurker

[Edit] Sorry, posted too soon. Got the download.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews