• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cannot get SD card to reconixe on XP OR win 7

dvigue

May 4, 2010
Maine
Hey guys, i am trying to root my behold 2 to see if i can get 1.6 (or 2.1) to see if i want ot keep the phone or not. it runs terrible with 1.5 and twiz

i cannot get windows to see my sd card when i connect ot my behold2. i have tried 3 diffrent cards, tried diffrent settings as i read here...and it will NOt see it. everytime it does i click on it and it tells me to "insert media"

i really really want to root it so i can see if it runs better.. can someone help me out on this? thanks so much...

First of all 2.1 does not exist in a working form for the b2 so that's not an option for you. Secondly rooting your phone will not increase performance at all! Rooting just gives you higher access to system files it does not change software! What you want to look into is flashing a custom rom that's how you can get 1.6 and any software improvements. Plus in reality it's the only way you can get root on the b2 since the old exploit was closed with the ota bug fix. To flash a rom you don't even need a sd card really but to use a2sd you do or to save music and pics and what not.

Upvote 0
First of all 2.1 does not exist in a working form for the b2 so that's not an option for you. Secondly rooting your phone will not increase performance at all! Rooting just gives you higher access to system files it does not change software! What you want to look into is flashing a custom rom that's how you can get 1.6 and any software improvements. Plus in reality it's the only way you can get root on the b2 since the old exploit was closed with the ota bug fix. To flash a rom you don't even need a sd card really but to use a2sd you do or to save music and pics and what not.

oh i thought you had to ROOT your phone BEFORE you flashed a custom ROM? i know that rooting does not increase anything, but i thought you had to before you flashed?

Upvote 0
it worked..BUT, i dont like the looks of this one...which one do i need for NO TWIX, BUT The STOCK andriod 1.6 look? you know with the green battery bar, etc...looking for the STOCK andriod look..which one?

that would be the galaxy rom but you will lose the samsung camera and vibration if you go with galaxy. stock android camera will work though just has far less functions including missing zoom.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
r11 is the newest but still has some problems for some users. the last one i used before r11 and then going back to stock 1.6 is r4 had no problems what so ever, but i understand that some did. i however had no problems with that rom and no problems with r11 before i switched back, this morning in fact, to stock. i have to have vib, not an option to go without.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones