• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot get text to do anything but vibrate??

cah1973

Lurker
Sep 30, 2010
Hello all.... :)
I am new to the Droid... Had it for 3 weeks now. I recently started having problems with the text alerts. I want the phone to ring and vibrate when I receive a text. Something has happened and now it will only vibrate when I receive a text. I have went through everything I can possibly find and I am so lost. There are times when I want the phone to vibrate period. How do I get it back to where when I receive a text it will ring/vibrate? Any help will be greatly appreciated. :D

Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed up! Feel free to join in on the conversations! :D

There are several options here:

1) It's a setting issue.
2) It's a faulty phone.
3) Get help here or call your provider.
4) I can move this question thread to your phone's forum where folks who have your phone may know if it's a setting issue or what.
5) Do you have the Incredible, the Droid, the Droid 2, the Droid Eris or the Droid X?

Just leave your message here and I'll try to check back. If I don't, PM me, okay?

PS: You can also always call verizon 800 922 0304

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones