• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot install apps from Google Play Store...

dfwallace48

Lurker
Feb 5, 2018
'The Twilight Zone' meets 'Catch-22'...

I have downloaded and installed apps from Google before. Suddenly, a few weeks ago or so I no longer can do that.

I believe it's an issue of different accounts and PW's on Google Play and my phone. Per some instructions on the Google Play support pages, a friend tried removing Google accounts and app data from Google Play services. We then could not re-install... Just a total FUBAR mess at this point.

I backed up my photos, music, and pictures to my LGV10 SD card. But I don't know how to save my phone/email contacts... as I think I may have to do a factory reset of the phone and start over?.... to get the Play store and my phone re-united.

HELP.....

Don't know if it's device specific, or not, but the last time I reset my phone I exported my contacts to my SD card.
IMG_20180206_165031.jpg

Upvote 0
Don't know if it's device specific, or not, but the last time I reset my phone I exported my contacts to my SD card.
View attachment 128443
Yes, I did that. Thanks.

I'm about to set up the LGV10 after the reset.

The reason I reset my LGV10 to begin with is that suddenly Google Play Store and my phone weren’t getting along… I could not download/install any apps. The app I was trying to get would say “installed” at Google store, yet it was NOT on my phone. I think the user acct and passwords were different between the phone and Google Play. We followed Play Store customer service suggestions on what to do to correct this, but it seemed to make everything worse. So yesterday I did a factory reset of the LGV10…. Now, how do I best make sure that Google Play and my phone will work together? HELP…

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones