1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

cannot install certain apps after leaked 5.8.894 update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wichita6, Dec 19, 2011.

1. wichita6

wichita6 Well-Known Member

After installing the leaked update 5.8.894 I cannot install "Jeanie assistant" nor BB&T bank app. Says device not supported but they were installed before.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. amageus

amageus Android Enthusiast

Might have something to do with the software checking to see if the phone is rooted.

wichita6 likes this.
  3. wichita6

Can I uproot to get the apps then reboot? I need one of these installed. Id so, how to uproot after manual root method. Thanks

4. amageus

You can try Dhacker's unroot from his 1 click restore. I don't know if it'll work with 5.8.894. I did not apply that update but am running the system files on Theory's Kin3tx. Did you update the software up to date on 5.7.893 prior to 5.8.894?

5. wichita6

I updated from stock to 5.8.894 via the Leak version. after the update my sound through the ear speaker has a lot of static also.

6. wichita6

Yes, it was checking on root. I unrooted and they installed without a hitch!

7. amageus

That's great. You can always root/unroot via Dhacker's tool unless you had to do it another way. :D

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews